2016 TRA Honors Cross Country Winners Announced
PITTSBURGH — 2016 TRA Honors Cross Country winners are finally being revealed! Developed in 2015, this recognition program was created to celebrate the athletic achievements of association members. The program may also recognize coaches, officials, volunteers or those who display great sportsmanship. Winners are chosen each year for both the track & field or cross country seasons.
The Association is excited to complete the second year of the program by acknowledging the cross county winners below with a commemorative plaque and sharing more on each awardee in the newsletter found here.
A reminder of the 2015 XC winners can be found here.
FEMALE YOUTH ATHLETE:
- Jenna Lang – Pacer Track Club
- 2016 Youth Cross Country Challenge Champion, 9-10 girls. Was undefeated and posted a perfect score of 1550.
- Finished 2016 season undefeated.
- Placed 2nd in the 2016 USATF Region 2 Junior Olympic Cross Country Championships.
MALE YOUTH ATHLETE:
- Renz (Sawyer) Weinmann – Pacer Track Club
- 9-10 boys Individual Champion for the 2016 Youth Cross Country Challenge with a total of 1529 points; won all but the first race.
- 9-10 boys Champion at the 2016 USATF Three Rivers Association Junior Olympic Cross Country Championships.
- 3rd place at the 2016 USATF Region 2 Junior Olympic Cross Country Championships.
- Finished 45th of 341 athletes at the 2016 USATF National Junior Olympic Cross Country Championships
- Caleb Muller – Steel City Track Club
- 1st at the Carnegie Mellon University XC Invitational – 8k – 26:37.9
- 1st at the Pittsburgh Great Race 5k – 14:42
- Serves as TRA Athlete Rep Board Member
- Dominic Wyzomirski – Steel City Track Club
- 5th overall 1st masters male athlete at the 2016 USATF Three Rivers Association Cross Country Championships – 19:40.00
- Tom Erny – Pittsburgh, PA
- Longtime official; nationally certified
- Served as starter at all 2015 Cross Country developmental meets
- Steve Meddings – Pacer Track Club
- Coach of the 2016 Youth Cross Country Challenge 1st Place Club
- Had 9 athletes finish in the top 3 of their age division at the 2016 USATF TRA Cross Country Championships.
- 18 athletes competed in the 2016 USATF Region 2 Junior Olympic Championships with 5 athletes placing in the top 10 of their respective age division.
- 6 athletes competed at the 2016 USATF National Junior Olympic Championships in Hoover, Alabama