All Americans aplenty return from Greensboro
PITTSBURGH – Nearly a dozen athletes from TRA earned All American honors at the 2018 USATF Hershey National Junior Olympic Track & Field Championships in Greensboro, NC. The 2018 version was the third time North Carolina A&T hosted the competition in the last 10 years.
The Junior Olympic National Track & Field Championships is the culmination of a summer-long, qualification series where athletes compete and advance to the next round of competition. Exactly 100 athletes from TRA qualified representing 16 clubs and 5 unattached athletes.
The 7-day event had over 8800 athletes. 11 TRA athletes top 8 in the finals (All American) with Corinn Brewer taking home the crown in the 13-14G Pentathlon. Brewer competes for the Valley Speedsters and also placed 6th in the pole vault. All Americans received a custom medals, patch and hat.
- 8UG – 800m – Marcelle Minutolo – 7th – River City Elite
- 8UG – Javelin – Jayla Robins – 3rd – Future Stars
- 9-10G – 1500m RW – Aamira Abdul Waalee – 6th – Nadia
- 11-12G – Pentathlon – Catherine Guilfoyle – 4th – River City Elite
- 13-14G – Pole Vault – Corinn Brewer – 6th – Valley Speedsters
- 13-14G – Pentathlon – Corinn Brewer -1st – Valley Speedsters
- 15-16G – Pole Vault – Taylor Shriver – 3rd – Unattached
- 17-18W – 3000m – Quinn McElhenny – 4th – Mountain Top
- 17-18W – Heptathlon – Darice Frazier – 8th – Unattached
- 8UB – 200m – Jonathan Newton – Stallions TC
- 8UB – 400m – Jonathan Newton – Stallions TC
- 17-18M – 2000m SC Elias Zajicek – Stallions TC
Complete results can be found here.