Scoring is as easy as 1-2-3…… just remember I.T.C!
Series results as of 11/18/22 after Junior Olympic Association Championships
(Club/team score is a combination of team points and club participation points earned).
Last updated (9/30/22)
- Individual Scoring:
- The winner of each division will be awarded 100 points and the last place finisher will be awarded 10 points. Points will be awarded to each finisher on a descending scale down to the minimum point value of 10. (Scale will be adjusted if more than 100 participants are in a given race.)
- Team Scoring:
- In order to be considered for team scoring, a club must have a minimum of three (3) athletes represented in a given age division – for boys and girls.
- Team scores may NOT be combined across genders or age divisions. For example:
- USATF Club #1 has three (3) runners in the 11-12 boys age division and two (2) runners in the 11-12 girls division. Their 11-12 boys are eligible for team scoring. Their 11-12 girls are not eligible for team scoring.
- USATF Club #2 has two (2) runners in 8 and under boys and two (2) runners in 8 and under girls. They also have three (3) runners in 17-18 young women. Only their 17-18 young women are eligible for for team scoring.
- Scoring will be divided into 5 age divisions (USATF see rule 304.5).
- A team will be composed of the first three (3) team members to cross the finish line. The finishing positions will be used to determine the team score.
- The teams with the three (3) lowest team scores will earn points for their club based on the point schedule in chart #1.
- Team scores for all age divisions, for boys and girls, will be calculated for an Overall Team Score.
- Club Scoring:
Clubs will earn points toward their series score based on the number of athletes who participate and represent their team in each series meet.
Club points will be awarded based on the point schedule in chart #2.
|Points for Team Scoring|
|2nd lowest score||60|
|3rd lowest score||25|
|Points for Club Scoring|
|20 + athletes||300|
|1 – 9 athletes||100|
Run more to increase your score!
Bonus Point System:
Athletes and clubs will have two additional chances to increase their final series score by simply participating in more meets:
2 or more development meets – add 100 points to final series score.
All developmental meets – add 350 points to final series score.
Participate in Three Rivers Association Cross Country Championships – add 500 points to final series score
Individual and Team/Club scoring will be conducted at each met and combined for a final Series Score (SS) used to award the Youth Cross Country Challenge prizes.
Individual place points will not be added to club scores.
Clubs must have a minimum of 3 athletes participate in a given meet for bonus points to be added to final series score.